How are you going to celebrate? Here’s a few tips we’ve collected from our stylists and all over the internet:
- Turn off those smartphones, laptops, computers, and TV’s. Many of us are constantly connected to some electronic device and it can take a toll on your health. Keep work at work. When you are home try picking up that book you never finished or learn a new language or recipe!
- Meditate. Studies have shown that regular meditation can lower your risk of depression, anxiety, and everyday stress. It also can lower signals in the part of the brain called the amygdala, which processed fear.
- Eliminate clutter. A cleaner home is a less stressful home. A clean work desk has less things to distract you at work.
- Take a full lunch hour. Now you may be saying, “But that project HAS to be done for Friday!” But having some time away from work can help refocus your mind to perform better than an overwork mind.
- Laughter. It is the BEST medicine.
So take a few of these tips and get to calming your mind, body, and spirit.